It's that time of year when Valentines and mushy stuff come out and we recognize how much we care for our loved ones and this is the time that all the cupid themed items come out as well. Kestyn was curious one day, who exactly was cupid and what was his purpose so I told him! He shoots you with an arrow of love and the first person you look at after being impaled is the one you will fall in love with. Well since that day, Kestyn has been terrified to be shot by cupid and wanted to know every detail of what Cupid looked like so that he can keep an eye out for him. I find this to be rather funny and think I'll play a little joke on him, here's how it will go... I'm making a "love arrow" of which I'm putting a tag on it that will say, "I may have missed you this time but just know I will get you someday!" And I'll turn this into an easter bunny sort of thing where Cupid will leave his arrow every year and also some candy or small toys. I think this could be very fun, at least for a little while until he grows to old for it all. Am I demented because I'm getting a secret thrill off of knowing he'll be paranoid with this whole Cupid thing? You know what, who cares what you think, I'm gonna do it anyway! Ha ha!
So it's official, we have a dog and Kestyn has named him Doug. The only problem is that I can't seem to call the dog without singing "the tiger song" from the hangover which by the way I've never seen but somehow know the song. Doug's an extremely lackadaisical dog and doesn't seem to mind lying around all day. He's a Hound and something mix, we think maybe a lab. He has the cutest face, but what puppy doesn't! I'm still trying to adjust, ever since we got the dog, I've felt the need to clean! He makes me feel like I have a dirty home, I know, I'm weird. Potty training has been a challenge and I was ready to return the dog a few days ago, but telling my son would make it hard to follow through with. Guess we'll hang in there and hopefully get a fence soon so the dog can be outside!
Um, I really sucketh at the blog-eth....Last post was 2+ years ago! So here's life now, We've since moved to Eagle Mountain and love it now that we have gotten to know some people and the area it's quite nice, feels small townish to us. We like the feel of a tight knit community.
Kestyn is now 7 and smarter than crap! He keeps us busy, he's enjoying wrestling and seems to have a natural ability with it, he hasn't lost a single match yet! All thanks to his daddy and his Papa teaching him the moves. He has great focus too, when all the other kids are staring off into space and playing with their friends, he's watching the coach and soaking it all in. Oh and now he wants to take guitar lessons, anyone know an inexpensive, GOOD teacher near me?
I am keeping busy with my new calling at church, I was the 2nd counselor in the primary presidency for about 3 weeks before the ward split and changed things, now I am the secretary in the primary which is actually a bit of a relief. I love it so far though.
Zach is always going going going with work and LOVES his job which I love too. You don't know how good it is going from a up and down (mostly down) paycheck to a steady one, life really is good to us right now. Zach was also recently called to Scouts (11 & 12 year olds) and I think he will be incredible at it! He's excellent with youth and can really motivate them. Love him!
I am so thankful for all the blessings I enjoy everyday! I am truly blessed. I will try to be better at this blog crap... That is all for now.
We're in!!! We moved in a little while ago, but We'll be completely in after this weekend. I hope I have lots of friends and family come visit while Zach's gone, I'm gonna be lonely! Come see me okay!
So we have a house now that we can live in, but we're not done with all the upgrades....long story, anyway, our new address will be 201 N 410 West Monroe, Utah. Come see me and I will be happy to give you a tour!!! Yay!
My husband is leaving me all alone for three months!!! He's been accepted to a military schooling in South Carolina and will be there for a little over 2 months and just before that he's going to be in Bulgaria for two weeks. He'll come home from Bulgaria just to see us for about a week before he takes off again. :( It's a good thing, but we will sure miss him! So for everyone who's reading, come visit me K!
We're slowly nearing the end! The finishing touches are being done little by little. We've put in most of the trim and will be painting very soon, probably after Zach gets home from summer camp! Yay! We're kind of lucky, because of an unfortunate event, we now have someone to help professionally paint our house. It started when Zach, Sam (Zach's little brother) and I were putting in some windows at our house when one of our future neighbors came running across the field asking for our help. Zach said the first thing to cross his mind was, "Please don't ask me if I know CPR or first aid!" We definatly didn't want anymore bad things to happen, but she didn't. She just asked if we knew how to turn off the main water line to her house because her basement was flooding and they need help, so after a long night, we helped them out by bailing water out of their basement and vaccuuming the excess, and in turn got to know our future neighbors and made new friends. But it turns our that Jason, the man of the house, does painting on the side and is very good at it and thinks he owes us some hours. We never expected it but we do appreciate that he would be so nice to help us out in return.
We've ordered our cabinets and flooring and it will just be a matter of time, I still don't plan on moving in until august-ish but we'll see! We're going to need major help to put in tile, so if anyone knows how and would like to VOLUNTEER their time to show us how, we would appreciate it sooooo much! Anyway, Hope to see you all soon and hope everyone is doing well!
My Favorite Things Kestyn Said...
2. One day while eating at KFC I told him to hurry or I'd leave him there and he responded: "No, don't leave me here or I'll become... One of them!"
3. After coming home from preschool, I asked him like I always do what he'd learned that day and he said: "Ahhh, just a bunch of crap!"
4. We were just getting out of the car and I guess Kestyn was talking to Zach but he wasn't paying attention and left for the house and as I was unbuckling Kes, he said with a hint of irritation, "And I'm talking to myself." (Keep in mind he's 4 going on 18!)
5. It was time for bed and Zach followed Kestyn to what he thought was going to be his bed but instead Kes went to the bathroom of which he then turned around, looked at Zach, and said, "I'm going to be here a while..." So Zach came back into the living room grinning from ear to ear and said he was instructed to wait.
6. So it's Zach's family reunion in Fishlake and I was talking to Kestyn about letting him go there and camp with them since I couldn't go because I had to work. He started to tear up and said "I want you to be fired from your work so you can go with me." Talk about heart breaking! Boy I love this kid!
7. I don't have one particular phrase he's used but lately he's been using the word plethora a lot and in the right context!!! Just wait until you hear a 4 year old say plethora, almost as funny as hearing him say trapezoid at 2 years of age!
8. Okay, so we had satellite radio for a while and one night Kes and I were driving home listening to xm kids when a song about pirates came on. Kestyn started asking questions about them and asked me what pirates did. I told him that they would attack other ships and pilfur their stuff, and then he asked me what pirates do now, and I told him that there really wasn't pirates per se. Not in the same sense really.....I mostly said it to avoid a long drawn out conversation, but anyway, he gave me a funny look and said, "What did they all do, quit?"